I was born and raised in the land of BBQ, jazz and rock-n-roll: Memphis, TN.
Fresh off the feat of graduating from the University of Memphis with my B.A. in Journalism Public Relations, I headed West to sunny California to attend Golden Gate Seminary (now Gateway Seminary).
With plans only to graduate with an M.A.E.L (Master of Arts in Educational Leadership), God had a few more letters He thought looked good beside my name. In June 2007, I became Mrs. Eric Nyberg. Awwww 🙂
We spent the next few years working, buying a house and getting a dog. In August 2011, our ray of sunshine, Chloe, came along. Two and a half years later, Chloe got a BIG Christmas present and our cabbage-patch-faced ginger, Eliott, was born.
We live in San Jose, CA where the commutes are rough but the weather is right 😉
My normal week includes:
- a shower at least every other day
- packing lunches and getting the kids to and from school across town
- grocery shopping and experimenting with recipes
- cleaning something in my house…. maybe…. iffy…. probably not
- date night with my hubby
- mommy date with each of my kids
- catching up with friends and mentors over coffee
- watching This Is Us
- taking photos of families and local business owners
- singing on the worship team at my church
- being on the leadership team at my local MOPS group
- studying and learning about personalities, psychology and faith
- and encouraging folks via FB and Insta with ways to reframe their day through the lens of love